Wednesday 15 October 2014

Movie Reading : The Notebook

Was it a Hollywood movie? Throughout the movie, I could relate with multiple Bollywood movies. For instance, Young romance (Qayamat se Qayamat Tak), waiting for love to come back (JTHJ), poor guy-rich girl-family against marriage (Raja Hindustani), and the old couple-guy-telling the story (U me aur hum). And finally a happy ending (almost all our movies).

Most vital scene is when Allie wants to go back and cannot decide whether she should marry Noah (her first love) or Lon (her fiancé). And Noah says

"Will you stop thinking about what everyone wants?! Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want? What do YOU want?"

Sometimes you need to just care for yourself and follow what your heart says. Keeping everyone happy is not possible. Those who really value you, will understand and be with you always. It may look selfish at that point of time, but in longer term, you will appreciate that it was the best thing to do.

People fall into love, break up, time goes by, someone else comes and they seem to fall in love again. But the person with whom life should be spent is one with whom one can be totally himself/herself.  
Allie:

"I love you too. It's just that when I'm with Noah I feel like one person and when I'm with you I feel like someone totally different."

The way Allie felt with Noah happens to be her real self, who loves to paint, who doesn't care about money, who wants to laugh and have fun. Her real self comes out in every scene with Noah, especially the one in which they lie on the road and watch the lights.

The movie also shows that all differences fade when you are just crazy about each other. It's not necessary that love happens only between people who are similar, who like similar things.

"They didn't agree on much. In fact, they rarely agreed on anything. They fought all the time, and they challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other."

That craziness was the reason perhaps why Noah could not forget Allie. He re-built the house to keep his promise made to her, thinking that will make her come back to him. That craziness was well, love.

Some other nice dialogues:

"It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy, she was from the city. She had the world at her feet while he didn't have two dimes to rub together."

"When I see something I like, I gotta have it... I love it. I go crazy for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment